Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I pray that you will find something here that will encourage and bless you. I'm still new at this blogging thing so please be patient and kind. Please feel free to comment or offer any advice to about the blog and/or my comments... Thanks for stopping by...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hoping Big Time!

I hope it's safe enough to say this since I'm out of seminary but one of my favorite authors is Max Lucado. For me, he has a God-given gift of taking ordinary events of life and their stories and then links it to the ways God moves in our lives. I came across this definition of hope from him, "Hope is not what you expect (but) a wild, improbable tale with a pinch-me-I'm-dreaming ending... Hope is not a granted wish... (but) a zany, unpredictable dependence on God who loves to surprise us out of our socks and be there in the flesh to see our reaction." (from his book "God Came Near")
       As I continue my Lenten journey with my other three pastors, I am beginning to sense some excitement. Some of the media in our areas, along with our Annual Conference is spreading the news about our journey and I am very hopeful that the four of us will be able to pass our minimum goals of $2500. In fact as of this morning, I am one-fourth of the way having ten of my forty days sponsored with over $600.00 raised so far. I believe that for me (and maybe the others too) to achieve and go beyond our individual goals, we do need to have that type of hope mentioned above, that "unpredictable dependence on God" so that God will continue to bless us and use us as we continue to raise awareness and money for Stop Hunger Now (http://www.stophungernow.org/ ).
        Will you join us on our journey? It all starts with a quarter, 25 cents per meal; think what even the smallest of your donations can do for the hungry all around the world, even Japan where Stop Hunger Now is trying to get their meals there to help out with that tragedy. Please continue to pray for us as we continue to eat our Stop Hunger meals only, but if you are led to make a donation, please make your tax-deductible checks out to Stop Hunger Now and please mail them to me at Rev. Dan Dixon, c/o Mount Gilead UMC, P.O. Box 72113, Newnan, GA 30271-2113.
       Thanks again for following my journey and for your time...

Dan

Please look up their website at (http://www.stophungernow.com/ ) and
"Like" them on Facebook and you can see how people share how
Stop Hunger Now is working in their communities.


No comments: