Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I pray that you will find something here that will encourage and bless you. I'm still new at this blogging thing so please be patient and kind. Please feel free to comment or offer any advice to about the blog and/or my comments... Thanks for stopping by...

Friday, April 1, 2011

Halfway Done

Well, 23 days down, 23 days to go. I cannot believe it has been that many days; every day from here will be down hill for me. So far, I am more than halfway to my goal of $2500. I am excited and blessed by all that has been donated by my friends and those who have heard about mine and the other three pastors' fast for Stop Hunger Now ( www.stop hungernow.org ). Our journey has been filled with many opportunities to share with others about the purpose of our journey; to raise awareness and funds for an organization which is dedicated to providing shelf-stable meals which are shipped around the world.
      So far, Stop Hunger Now has provided more than $70 million dollars worth of direct aid and 34 million meals to 72 countries worldwide. For those of you wondering what is exactly in those meals, it is a combination of rice, soy, dehydrated vegetables and a flavoring mix including 21 essential vitamins and minerals all packed into small meal packets. All of these meals are packed by a specially designed process which uses volunteers in an assembly line type operation to put the meals together. This overall process keeps the costs of the meals low; how low you may ask? Each meal costs only 25 cents!!! The food stores easily, has a shelf-life of five years and transports quickly.
       I have a favor to ask of you; find a quarter and put in your hand. Look at it and try to imagine what you can buy with that quarter. Not much? WRONG!!! Please send me that quarter; put it an envelope and mail it to me and I will make sure Stop Hunger Now gets it. If you want to be a little more adventurous, get a dollar bill (which will feed 4 people) and mail it to me. Shoot, why not live on the wild side, and mail me a five dollar bill and know that you are going to feed 20 people!!! AND if you really want to get wild and crazy, get out your checkbook and mail me a check made out to Stop Hunger Now in any tax deductible amount you want. Multiply your dollar amount by four and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you fed that many hungry people somewhere around the world. Please consider sending me any amount you can so that WE can feed those who have little or less to eat.
       Also, please continue to pray for us as we continue to eat our Stop Hunger meals only. We're halfway there and I am looking forward to celebrating what God has blessed us with. If you are led to make a donation, please make your tax-deductible checks out to Stop Hunger Now and please mail them to me at Rev. Dan Dixon, c/o Mount Gilead UMC, P.O. Box 72113, Newnan, GA 30271-2113. And if you like, you can also donate online at: www.stophungernow.org/4for40 . You can donate to us as a group or you can place my name in the “honor” option. Help us complete the Project. Help us make it: 4 for 40 for 40,000.

Rev. Nathaniel Long, Rev. John Mattox, and me
(not pictured is Rev. David Blackwood).
We are the 4 for 40 Project (Four pastors fasting on
Stop Hunger Now meals for the 40 days of Lent
raising money and awareness to feed 40,000 people.





      

No comments: